Fibromyalgia Week - 10th-16th May
Light up for Fibro
call us on 01294 537566
This year’s campaign runs 10-16th May 2021.
This is our biggest year so far, with 35 Landmarks across Scotland, participating lighting up purple and backed by Local Authorities and the Private Sector. We are thrilled by the level of support from these organisations and from members and supporters so far. The Light up trail map highlights all the landmarks lighting up on 12th May 2021, for International Fibromyalgia Day, providing a much-needed platform and awareness for Fibromyalgia that affects 200-300,00 men and women across Scotland and the Millions across the globe.
#lightupforfibro, asks us all to shine a light in the dark…
to let people living with Fibro know…
’I see you!’
The following buildings/landmarks have advised they will be lighting up longer:-
• Alloa Spiers Centre 10-16th May
• Kings Theatre Edinburgh 11-13th May
• Festival Theatre Edinburgh 11-13th May
• Prestonfield House Edinburgh 11-13th May
• The Witchery Edinburgh 11-13th May
• Seabraes Bridge Dundee 11-13th May
• Dundee Railway Station 11-13th May
• Ness Bridge Inverness 11-13th May
• Glasgow Central Clock 11-13th May
• Gordon Street Arch Glasgow 11-13th May
How can you get involved during the week?
Here are a few ideas: -
-Print off your Trail map and visit the nearest landmark to yourself. Take a picture of it lit up either on its own or with yourself/family in the picture and post to social media, tagging us with #lightupforfibro
*(please check travel guidance for your area regarding Covid and remember STAY SAFE, Scottish Government guidance- www.gov.scot ).
-Wear purple during the week either to work, where permitted or out and about. Even a purple face mask or why not purple Jammies? We know many living with Fibromyalgia are much comfier in jammies than outdoor clothing.
-Place purple tealights or candles in your window, if safe to do so.
-Get your purple glowsticks out.
- Change your Facebook or Twitter profile by adding our #lightupforfibro Twibbon Campaign on your profile picture.
You can also download headers for the campaign to post.
-Place a #lightupforfibro poster in your window at home, shop, or work.
(this can be downloaded below for printing on this website page.
-You can also follow updates, information, and events on our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/fibroscotland/
-Check out our #lightupforfibro merchandise and campaign merchandise packs for purchase on your shop https://ffu-scotland.myshopify.com ( these will be uploaded by Saturday 8th May as just arrived).
- Follow updates in our Fibromyalgia Awareness Week Event https://fb.me/e/2y2yddakZ or if you prefer to catch up on Twitter united_fibro or Instagram fibro_scotland.
- Share our campaign video to help raise awareness found across all social media.
- Read our Journey so far as an organisation and the next steps towards the First Community Based Pathway Centre for Fibromyalgia in Scotland on our Crowdfunding Campaign page https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/lightupforfibro...
Lastly but one of the most important, Everyday people with Fibromyalgia suffer in silence…in chronic pain and exhaustion. People you know, your friends... your family... your colleague... struggling for understanding…longing to be heard.
Reach out to them, ask them about their Fibromyalgia Journey and be more aware of the impact. If we all do this, even just with one person, imagine the number of people living with Fibromyalgia that will finally feel heard and seen!!!
Click below to download PDF versions of our latest posters to print yourself.
If you are living with Fibromyalgia or are care support please reach out to us at
Or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Fund The First Centre for Fibro
a Community crowdfunding project in Irvine by #lightupforfibro
Right now there are thousands of people
all over Scotland dealing with Fibromyalgia.
You can’t see them…
it’s an almost invisible syndrome….
Every day people with Fibro suffer in silence… in chronic pain and exhaustion. People you know, your friends… your family… struggling for understanding… and longing to be heard
Fibro Week is May 10th to the 16th. We need your help to shine a light in the dark. To highlight this illness…so that people everywhere are aware. You can show your support and light up your shop windows, light up your houses…let people living with Fibro know…“I see you”
“Shine a light in the dark…let people living with Fibro know…
'I see you'”
“Light Up For Fibro”
This website is under construction.